I’ve been wanting to write this post about unboxing my FabFitFun Spring 2017 Box for about a week now. But, life got in the way. NOW however, it is finally time for a review! As a yearly subscriber, I got my FabFitFun box in the mail about 10 days ago. Seasonal subscribers will be getting them later this week. So if you are one of those and don’t want your surprise ruined, stop reading now. How about you check out this post about saving money whenever you shop instead. HOWEVER, if you are too excited to wait for your box, or if you’ve heard about FabFitFun and want to learn more, keep on reading!
First, a little bit about FabFitFun, and my history with the box. FabFitFun is a box subscription or gift that you can purchase as either a yearly subscription or a seasonal renewing/cancel any time box. I first tried FabFitFun back in Summer 2015. I liked it so much that I went ahead and got the yearly subscription in September 2015 as a birthday present to myself. Recently, I renewed my subscription this Spring as another “treat yo’self” gift to celebrate increased income from my freelance jobs. What can I say? I can’t get enough.
So, what exactly is the FabFitFun Subscription Box?
Every box contains fun full-sized items from fashion to beauty to fitness and more, themed and styled around the upcoming season. The FabFitFun box always contains a guaranteed over $200 of products. This spring box has a value of $374! BUT the box only costs $49.99 (including shipping) without a subscription, while an annual subscription will get you four boxes when you pre-pay for $179.99. P.S. If you use my referral code “SPRINGTIME” you can get an extra $10 off your first box or subscription! That’s a lot of swag for the price tag. 😉
I would say, because of how great and valuable the products are inside, that you could also knock out all of your Christmas gifts for your girlfriends in one go…but honestly, there’s nothing in all of the boxes I’ve received that I didn’t want to keep. Seriously. These boxes are AWESOME!
Did I mention? Stream workouts on FabFitFun TV!
As of VERY recently, FabFitFun has added this awesome new year-long add-on to their yearly subscribers: FabFitFun TV! Yes, totally included with yearly subscriptions now is an exercise-streaming service with TONS of awesome workout videos.
Because it literally just came out, I’ve only had the time to try a few and browse the site, but I’m already in love. For one, it is organized beautifully by “type” of exercise and there are videos for Strength&Toning to Yoga to Cardio to Pilates and BARRE! The length of the videos varies greatly too. So, whether you have 10 minutes or an hour, you can find a workout to fill the time! This is especially great for me. Because I’ve kiiiind of fallen off the workout bandwagon in recent
months years, but I’m really wanting to hop back on. Shorter effective workouts are my jam, basically–not intimidating, but they pack a punch. I did one of FabFit TV’s leg toning videos and was sore for literally a week after. Which means it’s either a super effective workout, or I’m super out of shape. Probably a combo of both. 🙂
Get to the box, already.
ANYWAYS, here I’ve been rambling about how great the box is and I haven’t even begun to say what’s inside it! Fine. I’ll make you wait no longer. Without further ado, here is everything you need to know about what is inside the FabFitFun Spring 2017 subscription box!
The first thing you’ll see in your colorful box with super fun springtime artwork by Cat Coquillette (@catcoq on insta), is the little catalog with a message from the FabFitFun Founder and a guide to everything inside your box. While I of course read this after getting to all of the goodies in my box, I always love reading it to learn more about the products and about FabFitFun.
This catalog explains that this FabFitFun Box has partnered with the “More Than Me” charity which helps young women and girls in Liberia get necessary education tuition-free. That’s something else I love about FabFitFun–in addition to supporting female artists through all of their box designs, they also support awesome women-centric charities that I can totally get behind! If you want to learn more about More Than Me, visit their website at www.morethanme.org or their insta at @morethanmeorg.
The catalog further explains that this Spring box is particularly special because it marks FabFitFun’s 3rd anniversary! And as if they weren’t already doing enough, the catalog explains that this box celebrates and contains products from seven female-founded brands, a new record for FabFitFun! Finally, the beauty brands in the box are built around ethical, natural, and cruelty-free ingredients.
WITHOUT FURTHER ADO (I know I’ve said this already, but whatever): WHAT’S INSIDE YOUR FABFITFUN SPRING 2017 BOX! (SPRINGTIME for $10 off!)
- GYPSY 05 “Roundie”
- This may be what I’m MOST excited for, not gonna lie. I’ve wanted a round beach blanket/towel/pieceoffabric whatever since the first time I saw one on Zulily, but they were always so expensive! Needless to say, when I saw this was in my box, I flipped. It’s an excellent size for a picnic outside with a friend, but I’m also thinking of using it as a backdrop on my wall for photos and more. It also fits perfectly over my round kitchen table! I love it <333 Valued at $50.
- Briogeo “Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-in Conditioning Spray”
- I have pretty curly hair thanks a lot to the Atlanta humidity, but after 25 years of not knowing how to deal with it, I learned for the first time last September that curly hair NEEDS moisture to survive and not get all frizzy. So much money wasted on Frizz-eez and silicon-containing products when I needed the exact opposite! This spray contains NO SULFATES (Yay!) but rather rosehip, argan, and coconut oil. Valued at $20.
- Milly “Zip Pouch”
- Mine says “Resting Beach Face” which makes me so happy because I’ve always loved a good pun. This pouch is a pretty great size and is water proof, so it will be perfect for packing away a wet bathing suit after a day at the pool or beach. Valued at $45.
- Dr. Brandt “Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator”
- This face exfoliator contains no Parabens, so that’s awesome. Instead it contains “aluminum oxide crystals , lactic acid, and smoothing botanicals.” But honestly I’m just excited for my at home facials <3. Valued at $79.
- Karuna “Hydrating+ Face Mask”
- Also Paraben-free, these deep conditioning sheet masks are made from 100% natural wood pulp fiber, aloe vera and Chinese licorice. I think I’ll use this ultra-moisturizing mask after my Dr. Brandt exfoliator, thankyouverymuch. Valued at $28.
- REALHER “Lip Kit in Deep Red, Deep Nude, or Neutral Pink” [I got deep red ;)]
- Made with all natural ingredients, this liquid lipstick, plumping lip gloss, and lip liner all contain NO PTHALATES, hust shea butter and jojoba seed oil! Aside from the vibrant red color, I love the little empowering phrases on each one. Mine say “I am tough,” “I am a fighter,” and “Be yourself.” Valued at $48.
- Deborah Lippmann “Nail Polish Set in Blue Orchid/Like A Virgin or Shape of my Heart/Like a Virgin”
- I got the shape of my heart combo. My nails are in need of a good DIY manicure, and I’m always thrilled to see a bottle of high quality polish in my box. Although I usually only purchase cheap polish for myself, I know that the better the polish, the longer lasting the manicure. Valued at $19.
- LUV AJ Diamond Kite Crawler Earring Set or Emerald DUV “Joshua Tree” Cage Bracelet ($80)
- I opted for the earrings–beautiful 14K gold “Climbers” and “studs” with jewel accents. Maybe these will make me look hip for once! Maybe. 😀 Valued at $85.
- Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin & Nails Gummies
- FabFitFun often adds in an extra little full-sized sample of products their consumers will enjoy. This time around I got these strawberry Hair, Skin, & Nails biotin gummies. I tried them yesterday, and they are super yummy. Seriously, I had to remind myself they aren’t candy. Value – ?? Not mentioned.
- TOTAL RETAIL: $374+
One Last Thing
So now you’ve seen what came in my box, but I’d like to add my box will be different from others. Not because it’s a luck-of-the-draw thing, but because FabFitFun lets annual subscribers CHOOSE between different options. This time around, I chose the pattern I wanted for my Roundie, the color of my nail polish and lip set, which of the clutches I wanted, and the earrings over the bracelet. Seasonal subscribers do not have the customization option. (But honestly, I would have been happy with any of the options!)
In addition to box customization, there are a few other perks with having the annual subscription over a seasonal renewing one. These include early shipping (getting your box before everyone else!), and early access to seasonal Add-ons for your box.
What? Add Ons? That’s right. You can add even more goodies to your box. All add-ons are favorite products featured in previous boxes. AND All of these products will also be up to 70% off retail price. Also, they are totally optional. (But it’s great for knocking out some Christmas shopping ;). )
If the FabFitFun box sounds like something you’d like to try, you can use my referral code (“SPRINGTIME”) to get an extra $10 off on your first box/subscription. Thinking of giving it a go or getting it for a friend/loved one? Let me know in the comments. Also please let me know what other subscription boxes you’ve enjoyed 🙂